Three pumps from around Lake Taupo
Qualtex technicians decommissioned, removed three water supply pumps from various pumping stations around Lake Taupo and transported them back to Qualtex workshop for overhaul.
These units had been in service for some time and the metal exteriors were corroded and there was evidence of impellor shaft support bearing wear.
- The pump assemblies were removed from each site and transported back to the workshop.
- After each pump was dismantled, inspection and assessment for repair took place.
- The housing and frame exteriors were grit blasted and the bare surfaces treated to prevent further corrosion.
- New drive shaft support bearings were manufactured in house by our machinists.
- The impellor wear rings were renewed and re-machined to obtain the correct clearances.
- The drive shaft and impellors were dynamically balanced to ISO.G 1 specification.
- After reassembly and testing each unit was transported back to site and reinstalled.
The net result was an effective repair costing well below new replacement prices.