Crusher Bearing housing repairs
The client had requested assistance to fit new bearings to an Extec Jaw Crusher.
During a site inspection it was noted that the bearings were in very poor condition and there was also a possibility of remedial work required on the bearing housings.
The unit was transported to the Qualtex workshop for disassembly and inspection.
- Initial clearance checks were made to determine the initial radial clearances
- The shaft was removed from the main housing
- After cleaning the old lubricant away the four bearings were removed from the shaft
- The shaft and bearing housings were cleaned, inspected and measured.
- The main bearing housing internal diameters were well out of tolerance.
- Premachining, rebuilding of the housings and finish machining was carried out.
- Post repair measurements were made and recorded for reporting purposes.
- Qualtex specialised bearing installation equipment was utilised to fit new bearings.
- The new bearings were pre-packed with new lubricant and sealed for transport to site.
The net result was that the Crusher unit was available to place back into production in a reasonable time.